Thursday 12 December 2013

"I Was Right To Kill My Boy" - Woman Opens Up On Why She Does Not Regret Killing Her Son

Every night of the five years she spent in prison for murder, Frances Inglis went to sleep thinking of her son Tom and the 22 years they shared before she ended his life.

She wept inconsolably as she recalled the image of her son's once‑perfect face horribly deformed by the emergency surgery that saved his life after a freak accident left him with catastrophic head injuries.

'Seeing my darling son like that was pure hell,' says Frances, her voice breaking. 'It was like watching someone you love being captured, held to ransom and tortured every single day. It was horror, nothing but endless horror.

'So in prison, whenever I asked myself: "Did I do the right thing?" I made myself think of Tom in that terrible state, alive but with no life to speak of, and I felt at peace that I was able to release him from his suffering.'

Frances, 61, loved Tom with all her heart. She gave him life. But it was she who - in a desperate and shocking act - ended it, convinced it was what her son would have wanted.

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment